By ensuring that Nebraskans have access to affordable, quality broadband, an appropriate device and the skills to use technologies at home, in school, or the farm or ranch, in businesses, in health care, and in government, Nebraska will grow its economy and improve the lives of Nebraskans.
It is important to act now to secure broadband service for rural Nebraskans while these resources are available.
Fast, reliable, high capacity fiber broadband service has quickly become vital for community and economic development. Remote work for many careers is now a reality while precision agriculture demands are ever-growing, making broadband service as essential as electricity to every home.
Rural broadband is important for:
- Attraction and retention of residents
- Greater economic growth
- Attraction of new businesses and small business growth
- Improved quality of life
Meeting the broadband needs of the rural residents of Nebraska is a priority. Millions of state and federal dollars in broadband funding has been allocated to meet the unserved and underserved in rural Nebraska. WCNDD is here to support our region in securing broadband funds and connecting communities and counties with resources to best meet the diverse needs.
- Nebraska Broadband Bridge Program (NBBP)
- Nebraska Broadband Mapping Project
- Broadband Equity Access & Deployment (BEAD) Program
National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) - Indicators of Broadband Need Map (arcgis.com)
EDUCATION AND RESOURCES
Bridging Nebraska’s Digital Divide – NROC’s State-Wide Resource Guide
- Nebraska Broadband Forum, March 21, 2022 – Videos
- Broadband Event Glossary of Terms
- SCEDD Broadband Digital Needs Assessment – Community Survey
- Nebraska Digital Inclusion Planning Guide & Workbook
- Leveraging Broadband In Your Community – A Workbook to Help Communities Stimulate Broadband Development
- Federal Broadband Funding Sources